Finding the proper platform that possesses most of the necessary marketing tools you need to create a free website for your small business is crucial. One of your major concerns is how you can reduce your business marketing budget as a business owner. But at the same time, you still want to maintain a strong online and offline presence in your business community.
Take advantage of the vast and free online community.
Ever since the advent of technology and the internet, the world has gradually gone digital, taking the marketplace with it. Currently, the social media space has grown to become the largest online community on the internet.
almost 90% of marketers say that social marketing effort has increased businesses’ exposure
Therefore, your business must gain an online presence, as this will give you an edge over your competitors. According to Vendasta 2017, almost 90% of marketers say that social marketing effort has increased businesses’ exposure, and 75% say it has increased traffic.
80% of small businesses do not invest in content marketing
Also, Clutch.co, 2018, pointed out that 80% of small businesses do not invest in content marketing, and experts warn that they are missing a key marketing opportunity. Therefore, it is wise for you to the advantage of this key opportunity the internet is presenting you with.
Where can I create a free website for my business?
On the Internet, you can find many places where you can create a free website for my business. Below you can find these places:
- Wix.com Hosting and user-friendly website builder
- WordPress.com Hosting and user-friendly website builder
- Sites.Google.com. Great For Personal and Small Business Websites
- Hostinger.com. The Best “Almost-Free” Hosting ($0.99/mo).
- 000WebHost.com. $0/mo – But 2 Hours Offline Every Month
As a business owner during the coronavirus crisis, you must count every cent spent on marketing. That’s why we create a vast guide for SMBs on how to create a professional online business with a minimal budget.
Why is a website important for your company?
Creating a website for your business is crucial if you want your small business to strive in the online market space. A major way you can connect your business to your community and the world at large is through your website.
Since the internet is now a huge place that is continuously growing and diversifying each year, with over 4 billion users worldwide and a total of about 2 billion websites, it is only prudent for you to invest in it. Therefore, irrespective of the business model you operate, or even if it’s a small bakery store, you need to own your own business website. In this article, we will show you where you can create a free website for your business.
Here you can learn more about important is online business credibility.
What you want your free website to carry out for your small business
Before we talk about where you can create a free website for your firm, let’s first look at what you want your business website to do for you.
- According to the eCommerce Foundation, 88% of all consumers now research your product or services before they make a purchase. Therefore, you want a website that makes it easy for your customers to access information about your product.
- You also want a website that can be easily converted into a network of sites like forums or online shops.
- Also, you want an eCommerce website that can be easily monetized.
- Since the world is now all about a cashless transaction, you definitely want a business website that can accept credit card payment or integrate with PayPal.
- You also want a business website that can help you build an online community.
- Since almost everyone is on social media, you definitely want a business website to act as a social network. This will help your customers and will allow your visitors to sign-up. Create a profile and send messages.
- You want a website with attractive themes and plug-ins that will make it easier for visitors to navigate.
- You definitely want a business website is easily spotted on any search engine platform. Statistics have shown that 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine, and 47% of people click on one of the first three listings.
- You want a website that can be easily managed, maintained, and total control over it.
These and others are what you want your business website to do for you.
What can you use to create a free website for your business?
Now that you know what you want your website to function as you need a good content management system. A content management system (CMS) allows you to create and manage digital content easily. It is a user-friendly software that allows you to create, customize, and manage your website without any background in coding.
Several types of CMS can assist you in creating a small business website for free. But the best CMS that can give you all the functions you want your website to carry out for you for free is WordPress.
If you want to hire a freelancer or agency here you can tips on how to do it properly.
What makes WordPress unique for small companies
WordPress is the most popular and trusted website builder and content management system (CMS). It is software that allows you to create and maintain digital content without any knowledge of coding.
WordPress powers over 37% of all websites on the internet
WordPress powers over 37% of all websites on the internet, making it the leading platform. It has over 61% market share and is responsible for adding about 1.1 million domains every six (6) months or so. It is also great for blogging, eCommerce website, editorial websites, and so on. WordPress has a vast active support community and many useful plug-ins that will extend your business website’s functionality.
And guess what! One feature that makes WordPress unique is that it is open-source software. This means that the platform isn’t restricted under copyright and is freely available for you to download.
Why WordPress is the perfect fit for creating your free business website
As a budget-conscious business owner, cutting cost is of the essence to you. Creating a website that will give you most of the functionalities you desire at a no-cost implication is a bonus. We will talk briefly on why WordPress is the perfect fit for your business website.
- Free and mobile-friendly themes and plug-ins: WordPress has made it possible for you to set up your website by using its free themes and plug-ins. And since most online transactions are now done from mobile devices, the WordPress website is now built with mobile-responsive themes. These themes and plug-ins can automatically adapt to pages and posts of any mobile device. This feature will make it easier for your customers and visitors to use. With the right themes and plug-in, you can set up an online portfolio to display your product and services.
- SEO friendly: WordPress is written to make Google and other search engines platform love it. This is why WordPress websites have always ranked higher than others in search engines. Also, you can use its SEO plug-ins to optimize your business website further.
- WordPress multisite and E-commerce: If you want to make an affiliate marketing website or even monetize your website, this feature allows you to break your websites into forums or online store.
- A community hub and social networks: You can easily create forums, fans site, or a social network that can help your customers and visitor to easily sign-up, create a profile, and even send you messages.
- Safe and easy to manage: WordPress is considered to be a very safe and secure platform to run your business website. And since it comes with an in-built updates management system, it is easy for you to update your themes and plug-in.
Some other amazing features for small companies
WordPress has other features like image gallery, project management tool, and discounted hosting plan. But chief among them is the central, user-friendly WordPress dashboard. It’s a private admin area you log into, where you can control all aspect of your website from a place
Now, look at what the stats are saying!
As a business owner, you know how important marketing is to the growth of your business. Therefore, owning your own business website will increase your chance of attracting more customers. Your website is sure to rank high on search engines with WordPress themes, plug-ins, and other project management tools. Again, you asked where you can create a free website for your business that will offer you all the functions you desire? With WordPress CMS, creating a business website, either small or big, has become quite easy.