7 Essential Signs Your Website Needs a Redesign
In today’s digital world, owning a website is a vital marketing strategy to bring in more sales to your business. However, keeping the website updated may take a back seat as you find yourself dealing with other business challenges. Nonetheless, it is important to know that an outdated website can have a negative impact on your business if not attended to.
There are many reasons why business owners decide to redesign their websites, and according to a web statistic survey, 80.8% of the businesses redesign their websites due to low conversation rates, here you can find more information how to measure fulfilling your business goals.
Therefore, as you aim to make more sales and bring more revenue to your business: here are the 7 essential reasons why you should redesign your website.
1. Redesign Due to an Outdated Website Design
When it comes to human beings, the first impression is everything. Therefore, when users visit your website, what do they see? Design trends are changing every two to three years and if you have not changed yours recently it certainly is outdated and it’s time to redesign your website.
So, here are some searching tips to know if your website design is outdated:
- Search for articles with phrases “the best website design in 2019, or “the best web design trends” and get to know the new design trends in the market.
- Visit Websites like awards.com or the bestdesign.com and get insight on which recent designs stands out.
- Check out your competitor’s websites and note when they updated their website design and also compare their different designs with yours.
- Ask a couple of people such as your friends or customers about your website design and request them to give you an honest opinion on how appealing it is compared to other websites they had visited.
Therefore, after confirming that your website is really outdated from the above tips, here are some statistics facts to remind you what consumers think of a website design:
- If your website visitors were given 15 minutes to read through your website, two- third would prefer to read something attractive rather than something plain.
- 38% of visitors would lose interest with a website if the content/ layout is not appealing to them.
- 48% of people mentioned a website’s design as their number one factor when deciding if a business is credible.
- To get your visitors fully engaged and avoid low conversions, you have 10 seconds to impress them on great offers your business will provide them.
- In a recent web design research, to avoid a visitor to hit the back button, make sure your website is not too crowded with unnecessary information.
2. Lack of Various Devices Responsiveness and Performance to your website
90% of people use multiple screens sequentially with mobile devices accounting for 2-3 minutes spent online. Therefore, if your site isn’t responsive to some various devices, you will definitely lose leads and customers.
Moreover, if customers cannot be able to upload your website on their devices then this is one of the clear signs your website needs a redesign. Therefore, to be ahead of competitors, you should create a responsive and performance checklist to know if your website is mobile friendly.
Your performance checklists questions should be:
- Does my website menu work okay?
- Is the content clear and easily readable?
- Do visitors easily access the contact form?
- No matter the internet speed, how long does the website take to load?
- Is the website image clear on a mobile device?
- How is the website navigation process?
After realizing your website performance is not at its best before you decide not to redesign it you should remember this website statistics:
- 48% of users cite that if a business site is not compatible with their mobiles, they assume it’s not caring enough to their needs.
- 46% of users switch devices while 39% stop engaging if the images take too long to load or can’t load at all.
- 30% of users switch devices if the content is too long, while 38% quit reading.
- 35% of users switch devices if the content is uninteresting while 38% stop reading and leave the website.
3. Your Website Content Management System (CMS) is Outdated
When building a website, the one thing you need to pay close attention is you’re CMS. Since the CMS allows you to control and manage the content within your website, it is important to keep it updated regularly.
Therefore, to know if your CMS is outdated, here are some basic questions to ask yourself:
- Can I easily update and manage my website?
- Is the CMS secure for my website users?
- Are my Plugins updated regularly?
- When was the last time I updated my CMS or plugins? And is it the reason I can’t easily update my content.
- Am I able to find customer’s information easily?
If some or all of your answers indicate your CMS is outdated, then it’s time to do a website redesign.
4. The Website is not Generating Lead as Well as it used to
Let’s say your website design is beautiful, the page loads with great speed and it’s totally secure from hackers yet it’s still not generating leads. If this is the case, then you need to ask yourself these tough questions.
- How is my contact form? Make sure that the contact form on your website has minimal question requests and it works smoothly with no glitches or bugs.
- Is the website too cluttered with irrelevant information? When your visitors are bombarded with too much information, they may get confused and this may lead them to leave the site.
- Is the contact information easy to find? Make sure that your contact details are placed strategically in multiple locations on your website. Your website visitors should immediately see them when they open different pages.
- Does the website display the amazing benefits of working with me? Visitors should immediately see the great offers or amazing results that they will get from working with you within 5 seconds of opening your website.
- Is it easy to find important information about my company i.e. services and products offered on my website?
Therefore, if the answers to these questions don’t align with the website services, then it’s time to redesign your website and improve your credibility.
5.Your Business Brand and Audience has Changed
As you are reviewing your market strategy, you may find yourself asking the question, when should I redesign my website? Well, the answer should be:
- After you have introduced a new product or service and want to inform your customers about it.
- If your website content has not been updated for some months.
Therefore, to keep your new audience informed and to also boost sales, you can update your website through blog posts, videos, and product images. Nonetheless, make sure they only receive the relevant information to avoid too much confusion on their part.
6. When Website Traffic has started to Decrease
In every business, competition is always there. However, apart from staying ahead of your competition, there are other factors you can consider so to avoid your website traffic from decreasing.
The other factors are:
- Listen to Customer’s concerns– Start listening to your customer’s concerns by checking out reviews or feedback platforms and note the most common concerns they may have.
The common concerns they may have are as follows:
- I can’t find your business information online?
- Your website isn’t opening on my mobile phone?
- I am having trouble accessing your products on the site?
- I am having trouble buying your products?
- Since your images and content aren’t clear; do you offer product x or y services?
- What is your physical address?
- Where can I easily access your products?
- Hold regular staff meetings– Request your team members for honest opinions about the website and the changes they would like to be done in staff meetings.
- Keep tabs on your competitor’s websites-Check out other competitors websites regularly by analyzing their SEO, website adverts, social media posts, and note which ones have increased their website traffic.
- Analyze your paid campaigns– If you have advertised your website through campaigns adverts and your conversion rate has not changed, know it’s time to try something new and a website redesign is a good option.
7. What is the average Age of a Website?
According to research, it is said that the average website lifespan is between 2 -3 years. Therefore to stay ahead of competitors, being aware of a website life expectancy will answer your question on why do a website redesign and also give you a clear idea on when to redesign your website. So, if your website is:
- 6-12 months old – You need to keep your website regularly updated to keep things exciting and engaging for your customers.
- 2-3 years old – if you are in a competitive industry, it is time for a new website. In a non-competitive environment, you need to start planning a website redesign.
- 3-4 years old – Analyze the website and decide on a website redesign or just a brand new site.
- 5 years and above – You need to immediately revamp your website.
However, there are other factors that may drag down your conversion rate no matter the age of the website. The factors to consider are:
- Social media posts- Do you regularly post interesting content about your website offers?
- Design styles- are your website design style untrendy compared to your competitor’s websites?
- According to your business services, are you regularly expected to have a trendy and updated website?
- how is your website credibility according to your visitors and is it making you lose clients to your competitors?
- Your website technology is outdated and insecure making it exposed to external attacks
- The website navigation system is unclear making it too complicated for the users?
- The front-end of the website is unstable or broken?
Website redesigning services at Codenest.Co
At Codenest.Co we provide the best website redesign to small and medium-sized businesses.
With the help of our expert team, we have brought many benefits to businesses that have had the experience of having their websites being redesigned by us. So, with no further ado,
Below is one of our clients who had the chance to have a website redesign that changed their conversion rate. Here is my personal experience with Tiffany restaurant.
A few years ago, I was looking for a restaurant venue to hold my wedding celebrations, while searching through the various website I came across Tiffany restaurant that specializes in organizing weddings. I did not really like their website as it seem outdated and I felt it was unfit for me to hold my wedding there. However, after visiting the restaurant I found out it had been refurbished since their last images website update and was now modern and elegant.
Just like many other businesses, Tiffany had neglected to update their website after they had refurbished the restaurant. After I enquired why they indicated they had been too busy with other business concerns. However, I took the initiative and informed them the benefits of having a website redesign and they immediately hired my company to redesign their website.
Furthermore, after starting working on the website redesign, the client admitted to me that other people had a similarly negative impression as me when they visited the website but changed their perspective when they visited the restaurant in person.
However, my response to the client was simple; their website should always be updated regularly to attract more customers.
Another website redesign service we offered was to Tamada Tour
- They are a small tour company which offers vacation trips to eastern ex-soviet countries, mainly Georgia but they wanted to expand to other areas.
- Since their website target audiences were 50+ years’ clients, they wanted to raise their conversion rate by having a more organized website.
- Their website wasn’t mobile friendly.
- Their website was not SEO and Ads friendly even after spending a lot of money on campaigns.
Therefore, we took the initiative of changing all that and after their website redesign, their conversion rate has gone up as the website has attracted new visitors, the increase in trips bookings has eventually made them add new members.
Prepare yourself for successful website redesign
Finally, if you see that your old website is blocking your business growth because of any of the above reasons, a website redesign is the best option for you. Here at Codenest.Co we will analyze your business and come up with a great website redesign strategy to suit your business needs.
Therefore, when you are ready for a website redesign, kindly contact us at or visit our website at https://codenest.co/knowledge-center/category/before/ to learn more from our series of articles and also get a chance to view more redesigning projects we have previously done.
Your future website is closer than you think
We create personalized and high-quality websites which will help you grow your business.Learn more