Outsourcing and collaboration have become a norm in the world of executing projects. As such, professionals from different locations, countries, states, etc., can work on a single project and achieve fantastic results. However, one factor seems to have plagued the smooth execution of any project when people have to do work from across extreme locations in the world, and that factor is TIME ZONES. This is a challenge that can affect the productivity of any project.
Table of Contents
What are the challenges of working in different time zones?
Challenges of working in different time zones are:
- Difference between working hours or daytime
- Calculating the difference between timezones
- Converting day and time between timezones
- Scheduling meetings
- Providing support in the event of a large time difference
- Amount common working hours
These are some of the inevitable challenges that clients experience when working with companies way outside their time zones. The only solution to this challenge is seeking the cooperation of a company that sits conveniently with you in the same time zone as your locality. That is, locating a country that is never far from you in terms of time difference.
Fortunately, one of such places is in POLAND. Generally, you can enjoy this time zone advantage when you work with companies in Central Europe. They have a fairly comfortable time difference when compared with most locations in the world. Here you can learn how to eligibility of the foreign company.
How to overcome time zone differences?
To overcome time zone differences:
- Determine your and your colleagues’ time zone and calculate differences among others
- Use time converter like timeanddate.com to find the best common hours for members.
- Use Google Calendar to schedule online meetings with automatically suited time and date to users’ timezone.
- Use Google meet, Teams, Zoom, or Skype to have video calls
- Google Docs, Figma, and other online tools help to do creative work in the team remotely
- Tools like Trello, Asana, Monday.com can be used to manage projects online
Check how to work in different timezones.
We find that the timeanddate.com service is beneficial for checking our clients’ time zones ‘ proper way of time. It’s essential to schedule the right time in both timezones for a skype call because you can miss it. Another thing you should remember is to specify the timezone if you are writing about time.
Find out ready solutions for a project between:
Poland is the best option for working with teams in different time zones.
Under this section, you will be learning about a few regions, their work culture, and their working hours. That example helps you for how to adjust to a different time zone:
- The Middle East – This is a region that is basically characterized by extremely high temperatures while working days are usually from Sundays to Thursdays. They work from 8:00 to 13:00 and resume after the temperatures start to plummet, from 16:00 to 19:00. Polish team can make available from 9:00, normally from 11:00, and then whole working hours. It gives about 7-9 common working hours.
- Australia – The working hours are not set in stone in this region. People work anywhere from 40 to 44 hours per week, depending on the needs of the employer. And they report for work from Mondays to Fridays. Polish-Australian requires flexibility from both sides. If someone from Australia starts works at 6 AM and Polish partner can extend their working hours. Both sides can work in the Australian morning for about 5 hours. And then at the Australian afternoon and evening, flexible partners can work together 6 hours. It gives min 2 hours and a maximum of 11 hours or even more.
- America– Normally, working hours in the United States are between 9:00 to 6:00. They work from Mondays to Fridays as well, and they are recognized to be hardworking people. For people from the US, Canada, Mexico, and other American countries, Poland is a great place for outsourcing their projects. Depends on the timezone, they can work a minimum of 4 hours(e.x. West US) in office hours for both sides. Assuming the flexibility of both parties, joint working time can be up to 13 hours. Both results give great opportunities to create an unusual project without even feeling work in different time zones.
|Codenest.co Poland, Central Europe
|Eastern TImezone - United States
|0 (6.30PM - 3.30AM)
|0 (9PM - 6AM)
|Central TImezone - United States
|0 (7.30PM - 4.30AM)
|0 (10PM -7AM)
|MountainTImezone - United States
|0 (8.30PM - 5.30AM)
|0 (11PM - 8AM)
|PacifivTImezone - United States
|0 (9.30PM - 6.30AM)
|0 (12PM - 9AM)
Poles are well-known for executing projects with foreigners with a good track record of success. That is possible because they seem to be in a time zone similar in working hours to that of other nations. To emphasize this ease in working with teams in different time zones are some of the locations that are close to us regarding working hours, such as eastern and western parts of the U.S., South Africa, the Middle East, Israel, Korea, and Japan
How to overcome time zone differences
We are a company that is headquartered in Poland, and we have made a name for ourselves when it comes to working successfully with foreign clients. Outlined below are the various steps we take to ensure that our clients are happy and that projects are executed within the shortest possible time, overcoming time zone differences.
- We employ additional working hours to ensure that we are in constant communication with all foreign clients.
- In the course of an on-going project, we make sure we operate a minimum of 3 to 4 hours, engaging clients on sensitive issues around the project.
- We equally have our professionals who are stationed in Asia and the US to assist with support services.
- It takes us less than 8hrs to respond to our client’s requests.
- As a company of professionals of polish nationality, you cannot expect anything less from us because we are as hardworking, intelligent, and deeply experienced as the best hands. That is why we guarantee the highest quality in terms of deliverables. Due to our geographic location, as centrally located in Europe, it is easy for us to adapt to whatever foreign working cultures that exist out there, even though we appear to be more tuned to the German work culture where punctuality and high service delivery are the references for measuring project success.
- Hence, interfacing with foreign clients on projects has never been a problem. Watch out for our next article on outsourcing and offshore cooperation. You would surely find it interesting.
Don’t afraid to create global projects and work in different timezones
The success of any project that foreign hands have trusted relies mainly on some very key factors. One of such factors is understanding time zone differences. You cannot take it away from the success equation of foreign projects. We are a polish company with strict rules of engagement on executing foreign projects and delivering satisfactory services to our clients. If you are interested in outsourcing your project, please check our next article.